Patrick is a professional avalanche forecaster, ski guide, and product engineer. He spent a total of 4 years as a backcountry cabin caretaker in the New Hampshire mountains where the only available activities were running, climbing, and skiing. This led him to a career in backcountry ski guiding for a one-of-a-kind US Ski and Snowboard development academy where he created backcountry and ski expedition curriculum that took him across the US and Europe. Now, he works as an avalanche forecaster and search and rescue technician in the winters with a little ski guiding work mixed in. When there is no snow, he is pursuing a graduate degree in engineering and focused on building products that enhance backcountry safety and access.
His favorite pole is the 125cm Wyeast - not too long and not too short! It makes traverses a breeze, has a perfect swing weight for the down, and inspires confidence on the steepest lines.
- Guided Sainte Antoine Couloir; Ecrins, France
- Guided Chirouze; Ecrins, France - Guided La Vaute; Ecrins, France
- Guided Kickstep Mountain; Chugach, Alaska
- Guided Shadow Peak; Grand Teton National Park, WY
- Guided Isolation Traverse, North Cascades National Park, WA
- 19 hours White Mountain Hut Traverse
- AMGA Assistant Ski Guide
North Conway, NH
White Mountains, Presidential Range